Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Taken 2

























1/5

What a waste of a movie. I'll start off admitting I didn't love Taken as much as the rest of America seemed to. But I'll admit that it had a soft suspense to it, awesome action sequences, and a lot of heart. But this..UGH. Forget suspense, I had no moment that I doubted Liam Neeson's success. Hollywood seems to not realize that a bad-ass character is created when they overcome extreme adversary - NOT when we have no doubt in our mind that they'll succeed. Seriously - go watch the best action movies. And what took even more away from the suspense was the god awful music. The first movie had barely any music in it - this was over scored, too loud, and very poorly written. Moments that could have been really nice were forced down our throat as one emotion or another. I hated it. As for the fight sequences. WHAT HAPPENED. Everything failed. Camera's were too close to understand anything going on, the fights were lazy and stupid, and at no point is Neeson's safety threatened. Unlike the first where there were rather gruesome images (the electrocution scene, anyone?), there was NOTHING in this. It was so stupid and boring, and a complete waste of my time. Watch the first Taken and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment