Friday, June 8, 2012

Prometheus


5/5

I can't lie. I was thinking really hard for a reason to give this 4.5 instead of 5. It feels like I've been giving out so many great reviews this year. But I have to be fair. I was completely mesmerized from start to finish. Everything in this movie worked, everything was great. The performances were great, the atmosphere was gorgeous, the CGI work was fantastic and I appreciated the large amount of not-CGI special effects. The story was frightening and compelling, with enough moments to keep the Alien fans really happy, but not focusing so much on the fans as to shut out people who might not have watched the movie. Frankly, there was just enough gore to take it seriously and be frightened rather than laugh or lose the impact. The details in technology between this movie and the previous one's was very much appreciated. The music set up a nice amount of tension whilst not being overbearing or forced. This movie comes highly recommended, for Alien fans and non-Alien fans to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment