Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brave

File:Brave Teaser Poster.jpg 

3.5/5

I can't say I was totally impressed with Brave, and as a Pixar nut, it didn't meet my expectations for their past productions (though I still enjoyed it a bit more than A Bugs Life, my least favorite of the Pixar films). Still, it uses some great story telling with, again, gorgeous imagery to make a not so impressive story pretty fun to follow. Merida is a fun character, although perhaps a little bit too generic, and the rest of the characters are fine together as well. Where the movie really succeeds is its heart in telling this mother-daughter story as such. My girlfriend, sitting next to me at the time, started crying at some of their interactions as a mother and daughter, and I too felt myself choking up towards the end. However, sadly, you can't go into this movie expecting the brilliant storytelling that Pixar has really made itself into. It wasn't a disappointment of a movie (I still give it 3.5, and I'll add it to my Pixar collection), but it was a disappointment to the Pixar label.

No comments:

Post a Comment