Wednesday, September 26, 2012

End of Watch

























2/5

What an overrated mess. First of all, why on earth does it start off as a found footage film, and very quickly use shots that don't make sense? You can't have a camera used by a main character to shoot the movie unless you can make sure the camera is always in someones hand. Shots above a driving car DON'T WORK. Second, don't show us scenes that serve absolutely no purpose in a movie that's supposed to be suspenseful. Why are we watching Gyllenhaal do jumping jacks on a rooftop? Oh right. Because...? Anyway, I don't know if it was just me, but I really didn't see that much chemistry in Pena and Gyllenhaal. Maybe it's because I simply don't believe that Gyllenhaal would ever be taken seriously as a cop. Giving the gang a camera was obnoxious. We didn't need to see it. Why not just leave them faceless? It would have worked so much better. It was so silly watching them, so pointless. They had no character, and we knew their purpose from the police officers. And the ending...GOD. I could rant about the ending for hours...obviously I won't. I dunno, skip this until you can netflix it if you really wanna watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment