Sunday, September 30, 2012

Looper


























4.5/5

This was a near perfect movie. It was exciting, thought provoking, and very well performed. It suffered from the same issue as Inception, though - it was POSSIBLY too smart for its own good. I say possibly because unlike Inception, I can think of intelligent reasons behind all the possibly unintelligent moments, and at the time of writing this review, I'm just not sure if I'm overthinking it or thinking about it just right. I can't go into too much of the detail of it, because it would expose the ending, but the ending comes down to this question - is there a fairly large loophole, or is the point of the movie that nothing changes? I'll let you think about it if/when you see it. Regardless, although it's not his greatest performance even this year, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is great as always. We have a great performance and character from Bruce Willis, and a really nice performance from Emily Blunt. The story is new, interesting, a nice twist to what possibly could have been predictable or cliche. I like the world, even if it is a bit bluntly explained in the beginning. It's worth a watch, hopefully (for your sake of enjoying the movie), you don't notice the potential plot holes. Enjoy. 

1 comment: