Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trouble With The Curve

























2/5

I wanted this to be better than it was. Eastwood wasn't that good. Adams wasn't that good. The best part of it was Justin Timberlake, who I really enjoy. He wasn't enough to carry this though. It was predictable, it was sappy, it was kindof bothersome after a while. I desperately wanted there to be a point to this story, but I never really saw what was so beautiful or inspiring about this story. Most frustrating of all was the complete lack of urgency to the story. I felt like it was taking its time in a story that didn't need to take its time. It was slow despite a sudden urgency of an imminent draft decision. Simply put, there was no worth in the story that I could find. And since it wasn't true, cliche dramatic elements couldn't be forgiven. After Moneyball last year, this just doesn't remotely compare. In fact, it contradicts what Moneyball was about, which really got to me in a way. I guess I'm biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment