Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph

























5/5

I. Loved. This. Movie. The best animated movie I've seen since Toy Story 3. It was passionate, honest, and real. It was a story that wasn't terribly original, which let the audience latch on, in a world that left me itching to learn more, filled with clever and funny moments, as well as a few great heartfelt ones. I loved the idea of internal gaming-societies viewing glitches, the idea of a bad-guy support group in particular was incredibly funny to me. I managed to catch the movie in 3D, and let me say the 3D was also phenomenal. It really sucked me into this video game world, with enough change to recognize when I was supposed to be in it, and when I was supposed to be on the outside looking in. I loved the obvious passion for video games that went into this. The division of world by genre was flawless, with the obvious enjoyment of each video game style from each being perfectly captured. Clearly, the creators loved the video games they referenced and tried their hardest to make the greatest video game movie ever made. And they succeeded. It's exciting, fun, clever, and lovable. I'll be getting this the day it's on bluray, and if it doesn't win the Oscar I'll be shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment