Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Katy Perry: Part of Me


























4/5

I already like Katy Perry. I wasn't going into this movie to be convinced to like her as a person or as a singer, I think she's a fun person and a fun pop musician. I went in to see a decently shot concert movie and a nice look into her life as a performer. I got a really nicely shot movie with a great structure and even a bit of a plot to follow. If you don't already love her as a person, the movie shows you her heart and her ability to connect with anyone through her unique charisma and style, and that's enough to support her throughout the movie even if Firework isn't your favorite song. At some points it did let its structure border on predictability, which wasn't something I wanted to see out of a documentary. And sometimes it's obvious how it was thrown together to transform her already enormous popularity into more profits. But even so, the heart of her performance is captured and her relationships with her crew are nicely shown. It's worth a check out if you're a Katy Perry fan, and if you're not, give it a shot. I think there's a lot in her to respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment