Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Savages


























1/5

I started watching this movie relatively unimpressed. Then I started to enjoy it. It had a solid script, a really nice group of performances, and some great imagery in the violence and gore. It had a lot of images that made you gasp, made you cringe, made you really feel sympathy where it needed to be felt. And then. The ending happened.

WHAT

THE

HELL

I mean seriously. It's the dumbest ending to a movie I can think of at the moment! It was so bad, I WAS  GOING TO GIVE THIS MOVIE A 3.5 UNTIL THE LAST 15 MINUTES RUINED IT. The entire experience and seriousness of the two hours previous was completely lost. Everything was gone, thrown out the window and replaced with an idea pulled out of a hat. Audience members were actually getting up and leaving before the final scene ended. I had no idea what to think. Obviously I'm not going to type the ending here (if you REALLY wanna know I'm sure you can find it, or just talk to me for my interpretation of the ending. But seriously, people. Maybe some of you wanna see it for Blake Lively. Maybe you wanna see it for John Travolta. Maybe you wanna see it for Taylor Kitsch (although why you'd want to after Battleship and John Carter is beyond me). But MY GOD if you're going to watch it RENT IT. Don't waste your time and money seeing it in theatre's, the ending ruins the entire damn movie. GOD. I just want to forget I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment