Sunday, February 17, 2013

Side Effects

File:SideEffects2013Poster.jpg

2/5

I do not understand America's obsession with Steven Soderbergh. He made great movies in the past, but Contagion? Haywire? Magic Mike? Why did people love these movies so much? This was probably a step above the others. But It's mostly because of Rooney Mara and Jude Law. Everyone else in this movie was pretty terrible. And the story was so close to being interesting, except that I called every step from the beginning. A soon as a particular character was introduced, I called everything. And for a movie thats being advertised as having an enormous amount of "twists and turns" and "shocking", I got pissed. No one in this movie is relatable, I care about nobody. And Thomas Newman, who did the music, did a great job...but it was ruined by the editing. Just like Haywire, the same music plays over and over and over again, until you wanna bash your head into the wall. I know, America loves his movies. And people like this a lot more than I did. But oh well. They tried. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment