Friday, February 1, 2013

Warm Bodies

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Warm_Bodies_Theatrical_Poster.jpg
 3.5/5

Who would have guessed? This movie looked awful. Then I learned it was directed and written by the guy who wrote 50/50, and that Simon Pegg loved the book. This wasn't that bad at all. First of all, I love the idea of "bonies", or zombies that have, in desperation for food, eaten their own flesh off their bodies, so that all that remains is a skeletal shape with tissue being the only covering. It's really creepy. You also hear ideas like, eating the brains of an individual giving the zombie their memories, and think wow...that's dumb. But it works surprisingly effectively, and is and understandably euphoric experience for the zombie. My biggest problem? It wasn't funny enough. I wanted this to be much more comedic than it was. But, then again, it was still much better than I anticipated. It'd definitely be a fun date movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment