Saturday, February 4, 2012

Underworld: Awakening






















0.5/5

In reality, this was pretty much what you'd expect it to be - fighting, bad ass Kate Beckinsale, etc etc. But what it had in fighting werewolves and badass vampires, it completely lost in story. There was none. It was a hodgepodge of pointless fights, bad script writing, shaky direction, etc. And I know vampires only can live in the dark, but our eyes hurt from watching a movie pretty much entirely taking place at night. And our eyes are strained even more by some of the worst 3D I think its safe to say ever used. It's not like The Last Airbender or the Clash of the Titans where the 3D was added on as an afterthought to push ticket prices up. Rather, it was there from the start but so badly layered. Reflections on the windows and computer screens were in the foreground before characters. I swear to god I thought I had manufacture flawed 3D glasses, it was so backwards and nonsensical. It hurt. I had to keep my eyes closed every 5 minutes or so. It's a major flop, and its a real shame too. Any sense of fun is just gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment