Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dark Shadows


























0.5/5

We walked out. Simple as that. This was awful. And look at that! It's his worst reviewed movie on Rotten Tomatoes! I'm so unimpressed with new Tim Burton. It goes beyond style and becomes hokey and silly. This had no credibility anywhere, even with any suspense of disbelief. It had an atrocious script and terrible delivery of every line. Depp gives by far his worst performance of any of his movies I've ever seen. The opening scene is completely silly and lead to a lot of laughter in my theatre. And it hardly worked! It would have been far more appropriate as a flashback scene, or exposition after Depp was unburied. We walked out after a completely forced scene of character development between Depp and the obligatory father figure. I asked the ending and was completely satisfied to have not watched it. It's bad people. Don't let Depp or Burton deceive you, I'm waiting for Frankenweenie, maybe then my hope in Burton will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment