Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Dictator


 1.5/5

First of all, it wasn't the racism or incredible insensitivity that got to me. In fact, I have to hand it to the  movie for the two or three funny jokes that had me smile. It was the rest of the humor. No point in this movie really had me laughing. The jokes were insulting, but none of them were all that clever or all that memorable. And that's the biggest problem with this movie. You can't have a movie that's outright trying to be insulting and trying to be somewhat political be forgettable. Most of the movie kindof forgets what it's main purpose was to begin with - we go from essentially a political coup to Cohen trying to get a girl to fall in love with him. Frankly, I'd like to see the first story. Especially when that includes Ben Kingsley. Seriously, why not focus on that story. I like Ben Kingsley. A lot of people will find this really funny. An equal or larger amount of people will find this really insulting. Me, I dunno. I'm wondering if I'll remember half of it come next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment