Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Hansel_and_Gretel_Witch_Hunters_.jpg

4/5

Yes. 4 out of 5. I have no idea how people can honestly come out of this movie and hate it. I had the time of my life. I'm sure my buddy and I pissed off the entire audience with our obnoxious laughter. And here's the crazy part - it's NOT because it's so bad. It takes its image, and sells it! The script had Hansel suffer from diabetes because he ate too much of the ginger bread house. That's so stupid...and yet so perfect! It sells its gore and stupid weapons for the sheer fun of it - of course a machine gun crossbow is ridiculous, of course having a phonograph in that time period is stupid...but it was all so strangely clever that it was impossible to not have a smile on your face. Everyone took it seriously enough that it wasn't parody, but it was with an obvious understanding that I have to go ahead and say that this movie is a recommendation. Go watch it. It's so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment