Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Premium Rush

























4.5/5

What this movie lacks in complete originality and a bit awkward storytelling, it completely makes up for in a few really great plot points, an amazing thrill ride, and yet another great performance from Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He's just fantastic, and one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. I don't want to get too much into the plot of this, but I will say this - it's an interesting story, if not for the actual plot than for an interesting look at a group of people not really extensively looked at. It has great appreciation for the occupation it features, its dangers and its difficulty. It has a lot of heart pounding chases and races, all of which really kept my attention. The best part is an unbelievably spot on sense of humor that caught me off guard. The audience was really laughing hard at both the one line jokes and the great quirky supporting characters. This movie will really put a smile on your face, and possibly make you feel a nice array of emotions. It'll probably be on my top 5 pleasant surprises of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment