Thursday, January 10, 2013

Django Unchained

File:Django Unchained Poster.jpg

5/5

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH. GOD. This movie gave me the feeling I desperately wanted to get from The Expendables. The "I wanna go shoot people in the head and watch guts fly" feeling. But at the same time, it's an incredibly sad story. Amidst the headshots, stab wounds, great one liners and quirky characters is the story of a man searching for his wife who he was separated from after being sold to another owner. That's ridiculous. How do you make that story fun? You put a completely insane director in charge. I was laughing, I was gasping, I was going "AHHH SHIT" rather frequently. It was just awesome. It's proof that a fun movie can be brilliant, and not even in a parodic or self aware way, just in a brilliant way. It's my new favorite of the year, and I am very sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment