Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

File:The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey.jpeg

5/5

UGH. WHY DO PEOPLE HATE ON THIS MOVIE?! I've seen it twice now. I love it. I love it I love it I love it. It's HUGE in IMAX 3D, I really appreciated the changes watching it in its intended high film rate. It looks great in both cases. I love the characters, and I gotta say, I'm more excited to follow Martin Freeman's Bilbo than I ever was to follow Elijah Wood's Frodo. The Dwarves are fun, and just have just enough to relate to for me to enjoy being in their company. The music is HUGE, and obviously gorgeous, but we've known that from the trailer haven't we? I loved the fights, they were huge, but not so inconceivably huge to make me worry about future movies. People say that it's so obviously paced that it gets annoying. I disagree. I think its pace worked just fine, and I think it ended really nicely. The high film rate version takes a few minutes to get used to. It's a weird sensation, almost like the people are moving comically fast. But give it a few minutes into the movie, and you'll be completely aware of how gorgeous it looks, while used to it enough that it doesn't detract in any way at all. I'm pumped for sequels, and FYI, if you see it in IMAX 3D, you see the first 9 minutes of the new Star Trek movie. I crapped my pants. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment