Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mama

File:Mama 2012 poster.jpg

3.5/5

Wow. Didn't expect that. At all, actually. I mean, I was tearing up a few times during this. This turned into an emotional display of what happens to a child who isn't raised properly. The special effects were dated looking, but the idea is just creepy enough, and its executed with a good script that allows it to make you feel a plethora of emotions. Interestingly, at no point was I really scared. Sure, one or two scenes managed to make me jump, but its the youngest girls relationship to her mama that really makes you get goosebumps. I really don't have much else to say about it. It's nicely performed, as I said it has a nice script, it's a really enjoyable experience of a movie, and the first one of the genre in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment