Thursday, January 10, 2013

This Is 40

File:This is 40.jpg

2.5/5

Awww. Come on, Judd. I wanted more than this. Knocked up was brilliant at taking a situation people wonder about and making it silly while also kindof interesting. Honestly, as a 21 year old guy...I kinda wonder about what being 40 will be like...is that weird? But this didn't pull that many comedic punches, in fact, most of it wasn't really that funny. It had its moments, but for the most part, it was just kindof sad to watch. Not unlike Bridesmaids for me (although, can I say, I rewatched Bridesmaids on New Years Eve, and I liked it a lot better). Paul Rudd is just so darn likable and so damn cute, it's impossible to not laugh at what he says or sympathize with his emotions. Leslie Mann is a lot of fun, and the kids are likable enough to keep things upbeat. There's enough cute moments and fun moments to keep it lively, but by the end, it does start to feel a little bit long. That being said, it's a great movie for anyone like me who loves Paul Rudd. If you're looking for a movie to talk about with your date afterwards though, might wanna pick another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment