Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life of Pi

File:Life of Pi 2012 Poster.jpg

3/5

Eh. It's a bit overrated. I can't lie, I kindof felt it to be a bit shallow. It totally knew it had a story, so it didn't bother focusing on its story and focused on its style. One thing I can definitely give to the movie? Best use of 3D I've seen in a long time. It looked great. And unlike great looking movies (cough Avatar), it had a story that was interesting enough to back it up. Now, I've never read the book. But I have to say, it really felt contrived. I didn't believe much of what I was watching, as pretty or interesting as it was. And even though we saw his entire life, I felt like Pi himself was a pretty boring character. Considering you need to spend an entire movie at sea with him, that's kindof a problem. The tiger looked phenomenal, and the designers did a fantastic job at keeping him an animal, rather than cram an emotional tiger down our throats. It's good, don't get me wrong. But it's overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment