Thursday, January 10, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook

File:Silver Linings Playbook Poster.jpg

4/5

SOOOOOOO CLOSE. So close to being a great movie. I love the premise, Bradley Cooper give the performance of his career in my opinion (LOVED HIM), Jennifer Lawrence is dynamite (and gorgeous), I love Robert Deniro's performance, Chris Tucker is just the right amount of annoying too. It had some great situations with two great leads letting awkwardness and interest flow at the same time in the same amounts. So why not 5? Because I desperately wanted it to be funnier, or I desperately wanted it to be crueler. It was too much in the middle. 50/50 is the best example in recent movies of a very serious topic being very funny and also being very serious. That's what I wanted, more extremes. It stood just in the middle, and what that did for me is take away a lot of opportunities to laugh and enjoy myself. That being said, it's definitely worth a watch for Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, who should get some recognition as this years best screen couple. Maybe it doesn't deserve the Oscar nom? But it deserves attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment