Thursday, January 19, 2012

30 Minutes or Less
















3/5

It's a lot of fun, but it's not really what you'd expect. It's not as funny as you'd think, but it's not as funny because it's also far less of a comedy than you'd think it to be. And, in that regard, it works. It's story keeps you cheering for the heroes even though you're allowed to dislike them as people. The parts that are funny are exactly my sense of humor. I like how every death is ambiguous enough to confuse but not so ridiculous that you dwell on it. My friend and I only mentioned it after the movie was over. It's low brow, don't get me wrong, but maybe its enough less so that I liked it significantly better than The Changeup. I'd recommend it, not to everyone but to anyone who likes a good robbery/heist film, or anyone who's a fan of Eisenberg in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment