Friday, January 20, 2012

The Iron Lady



















4/5

I genuinely do not see what was so wrong with this movie that critics didn't like it. I had a great experience. It was far from a perfect movie, it's script felt like it was teetering between hero worship and impartiality, it had a bit of an annoying concept having us instantly feel sympathy without a second to decide for ourselves, etc. Everyone in this was mediocre, the efforts felt mediocre too. But this is one movie where I will absolutely defend the efforts of one person completely overshadowing any problem the movie had. Meryl Streep was completely mesmerizing. To watch her interpretation of Thatcher's aging problems and hallucinations was beautiful. I wouldn't take my eyes off of her if I was paid to. See this movie if, for no other reason, than to see true beauty and magic at work in Meryl Streep.

No comments:

Post a Comment