Thursday, January 19, 2012

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
















4/5

To begin, the HP movies and I have a history that goes like this. Sorcerers Stone, - a wonderful movie. Chamber of Secrets - my favorite of the series. Prisoner of Azkaban - a bit of a let down but I liked it. Goblet of Fire - the first real disappointment. Order of the Phoenix - just terrible. Half Blood Prince - absolutely awful. Deathly Hallows Part 1 - left me a bit worried for part 2.

The Deathly Hallows part 2 comes SO close to being a great movie, but it does cut off at really good. I thought that there were absolutely improvements over the book - the fights were more fun to watch, especially the biggest fight in the series. I also very much enjoyed character interactions and their overall dynamic together. The film just had a few too many corny moments for me to really buy into it as a great movie. There were some cheesy one liners, a really stupid looking face mesh, and some awkward evilness from Fiennes' Voldemort. Also, no spoilers here, but a certain scene had some of the worst makeup design ive seen in a movie with such a large budget. Still, I was completely engaged, I had a lot of fun with the fight scenes, for the first time in the entire series felt sadness at characters deaths instead of wondering why I should care, and am thinking maybe this would be one of the HP films I'd like to own on DVD. As a huge fan of the books, I can say i enjoyed this one. Probably can safely label it as my 2nd favorite of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment