Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mr. Popper's Penguins


















0.5/5

I can only handle so much of penguins doing the exact same thing over and over again before it gets incredibly boring. I can also only handle so much penguin poop and falling over before I get sick of the repetitive humor. The conflict in the film is so ridiculously forced that it left me cheering for the villian - of course the penguins should be taken away, it doesnt matter if they're loved or they love their owner, they're PENGUINS, put them in the right habitat where they'll live happier lives! I don't care about Cooper Kiegan, I don't care about the inability to purchase the tavern on the green or any of the obnoxious conflict put in to give the film plot. Jim Carrey is no where near as funny as he used to be either. Forget this movie, either pick up an older Carey movie for the comedy or go get a more enriching film for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment