Thursday, January 19, 2012

50/50
















4/5

There's absolutely no way I can rank this movie fairly. The entire second half I was in a fetal position on my girlfriends lap completely immobile and dehydrating from tears. It was a spot on reminder of anyone who had ever lived with anyone who had or perhaps died of cancer, like my father did when I was 12 years old. The character reactions were spot on, the acting overall was spot on, props to Seth Rogan for fun, but also sensitivity in his role. The reason I can't rank this fairly, however, is that the depression and emotions I was feeling completely took away from the comedic side of the film. Of the jokes I was hearing, some of them were really funny. But I couldn't laugh. I physically could not laugh. I think I laughed once, if that. Still, I have to recommend this film. It was heart wrenching, brought me to my worst emotional state I think I've ever been in during a film, and as far as I can remember the audience was laughing a fair amount. Maybe if I saw it again and was able to stomach the pain enough to laugh, another star would be added on.

No comments:

Post a Comment