Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bad Teacher
















1.5/5

Lacking in any fun, having no funny jokes and no likable characters, and lacking any recognizable plot, this film completely failed for me. Why should I care that Cameron Diaz's character gets what she wants? She lies, cheats, steals, and claws her way to the top, and doesn't even do it in a likable way. No character in this has any motivation to do anything they want, save perhaps Lucy Punch who at least has a minute amount of motivation to compete with Diaz. The only likable character to me was Segel's character, but he was likable in the same way that Chris O'Dowd was likable in Bridesmaids - I was cheering for him, but by the end of the movie I was praying he wouldnt give the lead woman another chance. Why? She was horrible to him! Granted, this was a bit of a fairer chance but even so I was hoping he would come to his senses. Still, I give Justin Timberlake props for a funny performance that he pulled off just right, even if he alone wasn't enough to save me from this boring, annoying, stupid movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment