Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hugo



















5/5

This was an absolutely beautiful kickoff to an unbelievable movie week. When I saw the trailers for this I was already pumped and almost in tears. Just the trailer. Even with all of the great looking movies coming out this week, I knew that Hugo had to be the one I saw at midnight if I could. The movie is definitely on the slower end of pace for a childrens film, but I thought it was really perfect. It let the wonder and magic of Hugo's world really sink in and become real. The characters were rich and filled with wonderful amounts of development despite all that much talking between them to directly reveal it. The music was really pretty too! I'd like to see this get a nom for best score. It's obvious Scorsese made this film as a demonstration of his ability to make beautiful cinema by his inspiration of beautiful cinema itself. It's truly wondrous and magical. In fact, it just made 2nd favorite movie of the year for me. Recommended to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment