Thursday, January 19, 2012

Transformers Dark of the Moon
















TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON
3/5

An enormous improvement over Revenge of the Fallen. This is a fun, action packed sequel that would have solidified my faith in a franchise based off of Transformers had it been the 2nd sequel. I liked the characters, who finally weren't all whiny annoying stupid plot devices. Even Shia LaBeouf has improved his acting ability. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a much more likable female character, a big improvement over Megan Fox. I liked this premise, I liked the scale of the events which actually did make me care about the outcome of battles, I liked how Optimus actually had some emotion in this film, most of his actions being clearly fueled by anger and betrayal. This is an all out fun movie. all the problems attributed to it go to Michael Bay's plot holes in his direction style (why on earth would you climb to the top of an already lopsided building made of glass when there are clearly unscathed buildings on all sides? oh right, because falling glass looks cool in 3D).

No comments:

Post a Comment